Source: Spanish government. Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union and Cooperation.
After decades of existence, the MAEC-AECID scholarship and lecture programs have become one of the most demanded instruments of Spanish foreign policy in cooperation, art, education, and culture, creating an extensive network of former fellows and readers around the world.
AECID now offers four calls: two of which are intended for Spanish citizens (scholarships and lectures for Spaniards), one for citizens of partner countries of Spanish Cooperation from countries in Latin America, Africa, and Asia, and one for Spanish citizens, of the European Union and Latin America.
Call for the training of Spanish youth:
For the training of young Spaniards in Embassies, Training Centers, College of Europe setting in 3 programs an age limit of 27 years to request the scholarship.
Announcement of the readership program: It grants aid to Spaniards to insert themselves into the foreign university world for the teaching of Spanish in universities around the world.
Call for citizens of Latin America, Africa, and the Philippines: It grants aid for the training of citizens of partner countries of the Spanish Cooperation or recipients of Official Development Aid through the following programs:
- Master’s scholarship program for civil servants and personnel integrated with the public systems of Latin American countries, including in the bilateral strategies of the V Master Plan for Spanish Cooperation and the Philippines.
- Scholarship program for citizens of African and Middle Eastern countries, including in the bilateral strategies of the V Master Plan of Spanish Cooperation or recipients of Official Development Assistance (ODA).
- Scholarship program for completing the Interuniversity Master in Diplomacy and International Relations of the Diplomatic School of Spain.
- Excellence in the musical training scholarship program at the Reina Sofía School of Music (ESMRS).
- Training collaboration scholarship program at the headquarters of the Academies associated with the Royal Spanish Academy (RAE).
- Call for Scholarships for the Royal Academy of Spain in Rome:
- (This call will be published in January 2022)
- Grants for creation and research in certain artistic disciplines to be developed at the Royal Academy of Spain in Rome (RAER)
APPLICATION, DEADLINES, AND SELECTION PROCESS
The application process ‒including the presentation of the required documentation‒ is carried out exclusively electronically through the AECID Electronic Headquarters.
The terms vary depending on each program and each call.
The selection process is carried out by the Evaluation Commission, who submits the proposed resolution for the granting of aid to the selected candidates to the President of AECID, in accordance with the application of the requirements and criteria corresponding to each program, including, where appropriate, a prioritized list of alternates to cover possible resignations or resignations. The Commission may also seek the opinion of external experts of recognized competence in each matter.